Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On the hunt...

... to break men hearts! No, I'm just kidding.

I'm on the hunt for college requirements and such, and it's so hard ; 3 ;

It's been up in the air whether to actually go to school and get a career or to do what I love (which is creating fashion designs).
Seven, enlightened me, that a person goes to school to learn new things and talents. I already have somewhat talent with fashion design, so I should pursue learning a new "subject".

Which is Material sciences~

What is material science?

It is the investigation of the relationship between the structure of materials at atomic or molecular scales and their macroscopic properties


Yaayy, wiki .


I've searched schools in California with good material science courses and the two that popped up were University of California: Berkley and University of Southern California.
So far, I've only checked Berkley and the only requirements I found on the site were:
  • A minimum score of 680 on the SAT Reasoning Test, Writing Section
  • A minimum score of 680 on the SAT II: Subject Test in Writing
  • A minimum score of 3 on the Advanced Placement Test in English Composition and Literature or in English Language and Composition
  • A minimum score of 5 on the International Baccalaureate Higher Level Examination in English (Language A only)
  • A minimum score of 6 on the International Baccalaureate Standard Level English and Exam
  • A minimum grade of C in a transferable college-level English composition course completed at an accredited college or university and accepted by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Berkeley.
The only thing that scares me about this is the SATs. Like... I'm having a melt down of not passing that. I mean, I've been encouraged that I will pass... but something is haunting me.
My father even said, "Yer passing yer classes now and yer smart, you should do just fine"

That was great motivation... but I'm seriously losing my mind now.


I also haven't done much volunteering. I've done them for local conventions and I plan on volunteering for PCC ('cause I'm not getting a table) and at the library this summer when I'm not working.


Another thing, is that, I haven't done any kind of extracurricular activities at school for the past three years. I hope that selling art and such at local cons can apply to my "extracurricular activities". It is learning how to do business and working with others. That should apply somehow~


Also, if any of you college student friends of mine have any advice... I gladly welcome it. Also tips for getting scholarships and financial aid, yess?


Did I also mention that my tuition is around
$35,341
and that my parents aren't helping me pay? Oh joy.


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment